The Payroll Analyst will work in conjunction with Payroll Management and will perform the duties listed within this Job Description to ensure that customers are treated with respect and professionalism and pay checks are produced in an accurate and timely manner. The Payroll Analyst will be responsible for supporting Management with the processing of the bi-weekly payroll and any off-cycle payroll processing, supporting and maintaining the Time and Attendance application. In addition, the Payroll Analyst will be expected to handle special projects as assigned, successfully meeting all required deadlines associated with such projects.
• Process bi-weekly payroll and any off-cycle payroll process in addition to preparation and distribution of payroll related reports on payroll cycles.
• Analyze and manage employee Paid Time Off (PTO) banks.
• Administer 401(k) loans and 401(k) catch up contributions in Lawson system (i.e. starts, stops, modifications).
• Assist in development of training and procedure documentation and keep Management informed of any serious issues and/or new processes as necessary.
• Assist in evaluation and monitoring of current/new pay practices to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and company policies.
• Demonstrates willingness to learn new procedures, readily accepts new responsibilities, participates as a team player and contributes to the success of the department.
• Assist in creation and development of effective auditing procedures to ensure paycheck accuracy.
• Keep current on hospital pay policies and has the knowledge to provide correct information to the employees.
• Prepare statistical reports for regulatory agencies on a quarterly basis.
• Maintains clean, organized and properly stocked work areas.
• Performs job function in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
• Maintains current knowledge of departmental updates and Policy & Procedures.
• Accommodates changes in workload within the department.
• During light workload situations, seeks out additional tasks/duties for the department.
• Demonstrates flexibility in accepting schedule and work assignments.
• Keeps supervisor informed when problems may interfere with work being completed on time.
• Lead front office team in assigned projects, when necessary.
• Successfully meet any and all necessary reasonable deadlines – notifying Management in a timely manner of any concerns or problems that would prevent meeting such deadlines.
• Participates in quality improvement activities for departmental and section specific processes.
• Uses initiative to resolve problems with appropriate action and follow through, including documentation for CQI.
• Participates in the training of new employees, and offers guidance, assistance and direction to less experienced personnel.
• Adapts to changes or unusual circumstances to promote cooperation and minimize disruption to working environment.
• Responds appropriately and timely to inquiries and complaints.
• Reports all “near misses”, potential and actual errors to the supervisor in a timely manner.
• Manage daily/weekly aspects of Time and Attendance system. Second level of escalation for investigation of timecard issues/discrepancies. Troubleshoot issues reported by employees or managers. Contribute to solution.
• Lead software testing and functionality, before roll-out.
• Provides adequate/flexible staffing in section to handle the workload.
• Maintains tables and process flow within Time and Attendance system.
• Ensures compliance with quality control testing as assigned.
• Adheres to Federal and/or California labor laws pertaining to Wage and Hour laws.
• Uploads for payroll processing.
• Retroactive pay calculations.
• Assist in tax balancing and maintaining compliance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Working experience with day-to-day payroll operations. Some college classes or advanced training in Payroll processing or equivalent payroll work experience. Knowledge of State law dealing with overtime, compensation, garnishments, etc. Working knowledge of State and Federal Labor laws. Four years of hospital payroll experience with in-house payroll and time and attendance systems.
Lawson and Kronos application experience. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken. Strong Customer Service skills, organizational ability, knowledge of Hospital policies and procedures and the ability to follow instructions. Must have the ability to use 10-key by touch.