Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
- Verify office, branch, and factory weekly timesheets. Input payroll data such as changes in hours, direct deposit information, garnishments, and deductions such as safety, medical, dental, 401k etc. and review for accuracy.
- Responsible for posting branch time entry and paid leave hours in PeopleSoft. Confirm payroll bi-weekly.
- Create checks for employees on short-term disability.
- Transmit direct deposit for the company, print and distribute bi-weekly payroll checks and reports.
- Collaborate with the HRIS Administrator/Payroll Administrator, managers/supervisors, and other personnel to answer questions and solve problems regarding payroll.
- Complete monthly salesperson commission statements, distribute to the appropriate personnel and make corresponding adjustments to payroll.
- Responsible for performing highly confidential duties such as preparation and processing of payroll, setup of new payroll software options, review of W-2 statements, preparing payroll taxes and monthly salesperson commission statements.
- Responsible for the review of all W-2 statements and issues that affect the statements throughout the year. Process W-2 related reports and review as needed.
- Provide garnishment reports to Accounts Payable for payment. Reconcile the garnishment account.
- Complete G/L and tax balance adjustments as needed.
- Cover payroll taxes bi-weekly and complete tax returns monthly.
- Reconcile and pay child support payments on-line. Reconcile 401k figures sent to Merrill Lynch. Prepare payroll tables in PeopleSoft for the up-coming year.
- Assist in the review of payroll-related issues that affect the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Process special payments throughout the year such as PM Commissions (bi-weekly), Miscellaneous Income Compensation (monthly), 25 Year Club, and other annual awards.
- Reconcile all fiscal payroll withholding taxes for the auditors.
- Perform tasks as needed related to new HR/Payroll projects such as tax updates.
- Provide support for the bi-weekly payroll process to H/R and Benefits.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential. Answer questions. Complete research as requested.
- This position requires a two year college degree and at least one to two years of prior experience with knowledge of accounting procedures and financial reporting. Computer skills are necessary for this position.
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled