For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
STG, a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Payroll Compensation Technician in Charleston, SC. The ideal candidate will possess experience in payroll processing, mathematical calculations, and accurate data entry for high volume transactional processing. The Compensation Technician position will be responsible for payroll processing, analysis, auditing and monitoring of payroll in the office of American Pay Processing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The Compensation Technicians primary responsibilities are T&A reporting (bi-monthly), pay calculation, individual leave accounts, allotments of pay, and other individual pay matters for those paid under local compensation plans at serviced-posts. Specific Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for accuracy of calculating and processing Time and Attendance into various proprietary financial systems, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information. This includes working accounts by organization or country code by processing a variety of transactions which affect pay, leave, taxes, benefits and other deductions.
• Receive, research, analyze, and process pay actions under Benefits such as, but not limited to: Federal Levies, Childcare Subsidy Inquiry, (FEHB) Federal Employee Health Benefits, General Inquiry – Benefits, Historical, Life Insurance Adjustments, Life Insurance Certification, (MFO) Multi-Force Organization, Military Leave, Military Reservist Differential, NAF Retirement Plan, Overpayment – Benefits, Overpayment Response – Benefits, Overpayment W-2 correction, Parking Benefit, Recruitment Bonuses, (RITA) Relocation Incentive Transfer Allowance, Student Loan Inquiry, Supplemental – Benefits, T&A Processing, T&A Processing – Manual Submission, TSP Adjustment (Thrift Savings Plan), TSP Deduction/Change (Thrift Savings Plan), TSP Loans/Withdrawals (Thrift Savings Plan), USUN Housing, Workers Compensation and Year-to-Date Adjustments, etc.
• As needed, the following Benefits Reporting measures may be required: T&A Report Monitoring, Employee Not Paid Report, SCALP Report, Military Leave Report, Financial Institutions Updates, Retirement Code Change Report, Leave without Pay Report, TSP Error Report, Automated Adjustment Report, T&A Correction Errors by Org Code, Calculations Exception and Paid in Full Report.
• Receive, research, analyze, and process pay actions under Entry on Board such as, but not limited to: Advance of Salary, Change of Address, Check Cancellations, City Tax Withholding Request, Direct Deposit/Allotments, EFT Rejects/Returns, Employee E-mail Address, Employment Verification, Federal Tax Adjustment, Federal Tax Withholding Change, General Inquiry – Entry on Board, Health Benefits Supplementals, Historical, New Hire (Direct Hire; FMA (Family Member Appointment; Other Agency; PCS); Overpayment & Overpayment Response – Entry Onboard, Reemployed Annuitant, State Domicile Change, State Tax Letter, State Tax/Wage City Tax Adjustment, State Tax Withholding Change, Supplemental – Entry on Board, T&A Processing & Manual Submission, Transfer of Leave (on-boarding) Year-to-Date Adjustment – Entry on Board.
• As needed, the following Entry on Board Reporting measures may be required: T&A Report Monitoring, Employee Not Paid Report, SCALP Report, EFT Reject Report; Automated Adjustment Report, T&A Correction Errors by Org Code and Calculations Exception.
• Verifies the validity of personnel actions and personal service contracts/agreements prepared by serviced Embassies, rejecting those who are not properly completed or in accord with existing personnel law, regulation and advises post personnel offices of the deficiencies and corrections needed to affect the action.
• Answers questions from employees regarding payroll matters (pay, deductions and related matters).
• Audits, analyzes and reconciles reports or accounts, and as necessary, apply adjustments which are largely retroactive in nature. More difficult adjustments may require extensive record searches and involve correction of accounts.
• Perform manual calculations when deemed necessary to verify year-to-date adjustments and corrections when the calculations cannot be performed through the automated payroll system, CAPPS and or other financial systems as required.
• Research, correct and determine the cause of erroneous payments and timely clearing of domestic and overseas T&A rejects.
• Prepares reports on various aspects of the payroll cycle, as requested by DoS.
• Performs other payroll duties as assigned.
• Security Clearance: Secret or Interim Secret to start (*which requires US Citizenship.)
• Education: Four-year degree from an accredited university or college in accounting or a related field such as computer science or business administration
• Experience: One year overall relevant professional experience. One (1) year of experience with mainframe, web based or client-server technologies and experience performing business systems analysis. Experience performing technical task and analysis, working independently as part of a team in analysis, design, and development and testing. As part of a team, can perform logical and physical system designs; develop test plans, and systems documentation. Accounting procedures, policies, and operations experience may be substituted for IT experience.
• Requires a knowledge and understanding of the established and standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures and techniques used in an accounting system, or a segment of an accounting procedures and techniques used in an accounting system, or a segment of an accounting system, where there are few variations in the types of transactions handled. In addition; some jobs at each level may require a basic knowledge and understanding of the terminology, codes, and processes used in an automated accounting system.
• Personnel shall possess superior multi-tasking, customer service, analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Requires experience with computer-based applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, and database management systems. MS Excel and MS Word experience at an intermediate level is required.