The Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Human Resources US Payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing. This person needs to have strong knowledge to maintain the integrity of the SAP HR/Payroll system, as well as maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. We are looking for an experienced professional who understands the unique factors involved in processing payroll for a US multi-state, multi-entity, and multi-pay environment. This job will maintain, enforce and audit current US payroll practices and policies and this person will need to have the ability to adjust and be flexible in order to support the constant changing and growing environment of a large company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, prepares, and inputs salaried payroll data using SAP to produce accurate and timely semi-monthly and weekly processing.
- Monitors special adjustments based on company’s pay policy for exception time and enters into payroll for processing.
- Supports manufacturing sites regarding data entry and runs various reports as needed.
- Responsible for interfacing with key stakeholders, interpret business requirements and working with HRIS to implement.
- Assist in ensuring payroll is audited and processed by the due date.
- Maintain Payroll QA emails to assure a 48-hour response to all emails.
- Maintain change in status entries including new hires, terminations, salary changes etc.
- Assist with researching and resolving questions from supervisors and employees as they relate to the processing of Payroll information such as reimbursements, retroactive pay calculations and other changes.
- Partners with 3rd party payroll processing vendor to support and resolve issues with payroll.
- Manages corporate office filing system and mail sorting/distribution.
- Assist with Reconciling quarterly Payroll reports, tax returns and respond accordingly to any correction or errors.Assists with financial audit related to Payroll.
- Enforce company policies.
- Assist in trouble shooting escalated issues.
- Investigate data issues across SAP and Payroll systems.
- Contact Time Management Services leadership to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with Office Management and Payroll teams on data and process integrations.
- Partner with Implementation teams on projects, enhancements, and issue resolutions.
- Enforce business and technical standardizations.
- Strong communication with the HR department to ensure the integrity of the Payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, department transfers, rate changes and any updates as necessary.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to analyze problems, finds solutions, and implements changes and/or improvements.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Strong positive customer service skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to use current technology to enhance processes and identify opportunities to streamline workflow.
- Strong team player and the ability to thrive in a high tempo environment.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines for Weekly, Semi-Monthly, and Monthly payroll processing.
- Two years of full-time HR/Payroll experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of SAP HR/Payroll experience.
- Experience in navigating SAP application for data analysis, reporting and trouble shooting.
- Solid knowledge of HR operations, data, processes and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or closely related field.
- Certified Payroll Professional Designation preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.