Payroll Customer Service Representatives are responsible for all aspects of payroll processing and quality service for clients utilizing HCM (Human Capital Management) software. As a member of our team, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to, providing ongoing resolution and product support to your assigned client base through superior customer service. Must work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. Shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and management.
- Maintain a high rate of client retention through superior customer service.
- Assist assigned client base with all components related to payroll processing.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation and submission of payrolls.
- Trains clients to use on-line payroll system including electronic reports, general ledger interface and employee self-service when applicable.
- Accurately researches problems and works with management to resolve client payroll issues, in a timely, consistent manner.
- Will be required to meet strict deadlines and exercise outstanding initiative and follow through.
- Handles high volume of correspondence by telephone, email and fax while maintaining both composure under stress and keeping to the utmost of professional standards.
- Partner with Sales team to introduce additional services to exceed customer expectations and requirements in regard to Payroll, time and attendance, HR and Benefits Administration.
- Effectively works with peers in a team focused environment.
- Previous service bureau experience a plus but not required.
- Trustworthy with dedication to confidentiality.
- Experience in payroll and customer service with high-volume data entry.
- Familiarity with multi-state payroll laws regarding taxes, garnishments, etc.
- Must consistently maintain EXCELLENT customer service attitude and professionalism.
- Must display an ability to work efficiently and accurately with IMPECCABLE attention to detail.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage BOTH deadlines and priorities.
- Must display an intermediate level of Word, Excel and Outlook skill, in addition to strong technical aptitude.
Typical Physical Demands:
Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Typical Mental Demands:
Must be able to work under time sensitive demands and always provide outstanding customer service.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.