Our client, a company specializing in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, is currently seeking an Payroll/HR Administrator for a 1 year contract position located in Lafayette, Indiana.
In addition to working with the world’s most recognized and trusted name in staffing, Kelly employees can expect:
- Competitive pay \t
- Paid holidays \t
- Year-end bonus program \t
- Recognition and incentive programs \t
- Access to continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm
Pay Rate: $22.00/Hour
This position exists to provide administrative support for manufacturing operations and Human Resource functions. The principle challenge is to efficiently and effectively handle administrative duties related to bargaining unit agreements, manufacturing plans, time and attendance, and payroll. The organizational environment is a broad-spectrum of aluminum extrusion facilities. The incumbent may have access to important and sensitive information and must be able to handle this information appropriately. The incumbent must be able to work in a plant environment and be very familiar with the bargaining unit contract. The incumbent shall take such steps as are necessary to assure that all employment practices under his or her control, including hiring, firing, promotions, demotions and discipline, are conducted so as to comply with equal employment opportunity laws and company policy with regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, or physical disability. Incumbent shall endeavor to remain generally abreast of local, state, and federal laws, rules, regulations, and statutes governing equal employment opportunity practices and discrimination/harassment laws. Under the direction of the Human Resource Supervisor and Plant Manager, the position is accountable for:
- Providing administrative support for department such as scheduling meetings, training, posting of policies, etc.
- Maintaining hourly employee personnel files \t
- Input hourly employee information into PeopleSoft \t
- Input and maintain hourly employee information into OAS and Time and Attendance. \t
- Retrieval and analysis of Oracle shop floor report data. \t
- Weekly and quarterly attendance audit \t
- Resolving payroll issues \t
- Keeper of departmental bargaining unit agreements. \t
- Monitoring FMLA and sick leaves and identifying any issues. \t
- Assisting with grievance investigations \t
- Helping employees to resolve benefit issues \t
- Scheduling of departmental vacations \t
- Issuance of discipline notifications \t
- Being cross-trained on all other departmental agreements, Overtime, and Time and Attendance \t
- Sending garnishments to Pittsburgh \t
- Assisting with the transfer/reduction of forces process \t
- Seniority calculations \t
- Administration of 25 year club – plaques, certificates, etc. \t
- Maintain training records for hourly employees
- Minimum of high school education is required \t
- Strong written and verbal communications skills \t
- Working knowledge of administrative skills, including experience in electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and data base computer skills. \t
- Higher level administrative training and experience is preferred
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position Kristen.Adams@kellyservices.com
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.