We are a nationwide franchisee of YUM Brands representing Taco Bell. KFC, and Pizza Hut, with operations in 5 states and over 240 stores. We are seeking an experience Senior Payroll Manager with knowledge of payroll functions in a high volume setting in processing In house payroll for bi-weekly payroll for 5000 + employees within three or more companies. This individual needs to be detailed oriented, with sense of urgency while being able to multi-task and work in a fast pasted and changing environment. Confidential and discretion are required, as well as excellent customer service skills.
Our Mission: Every Guest Is Delighted Because of Me
Our Core Values:
"Bring your best self"
"Make Moments Count"
"See It, Own It, Crush It"
Basic Function: Responsible for providing major contributions to the organizing, directing and preparing of the biweekly payroll for the company, partnering with the Director of Payroll. This includes contributions in executing and/or monitoring payroll activities such as payroll preparation, tax deposits, and garnishments. The Senior Payroll Manager is a high-level employee within the Palo Alto organization and is jointly responsible for all payroll-related activities, along with the Director of Payroll.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess a complete understanding of the entire payroll process and company benefits administration to successfully function as the back-up to the Director of Payroll.
- Excellent working knowledge of payroll and timekeeper software – experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) preferred;
- Must be able to perform calculations, analyze/interpret data, make decisions, solve problems;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time sensitive deadlines;
- Must be able to work with a high level of productivity and accuracy/attention to detail;
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbally/writing) in interacting with all levels of the organization;
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have strong customer service skills and attitude;
- Must have excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word, spreadsheets, databases, online systems, internet and email;
- Must be able to handle confidential information, showing total discretion. Must have the ability to exercise sound judgement.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a backup for the Director of Payroll;
- Perform / manage the end-to-end processing of company payrolls;
- Update / maintain payroll records;
- Process garnishments in accordance with compliance requirements;
- Prepare / manage preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual State, Federal and local returns;
- Assist with end-of-year processing of W-2’s;
- Assist in responding to employee/field/management questions;
- With the director of Payroll, jointly manage / supervise the payroll team;
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years