Stonebridge Companies is a privately owned, innovative hotel development and hospitality management company. We manage a portfolio of 60+ hotels across the United States, and provide investor opportunities, hotel development services, hotel management services, and hospitality career opportunities to our partners and associates. We are currently looking to add a Payroll Manager to our corporate team located in Denver, CO.
The Payroll Manager will directly manage the multi-state payroll function for both weekly and bi-monthly payroll for both exempt and hourly team members. As the payroll liaison in the Stonebridge corporate office we would assume you are an ace at anticipating the unexpected, providing exemplary customer service, and delivering daily on Distinguished Hospitality™ that is what we expect of you, but we also expect you excel at the following:
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains payroll information by managing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of pay cards or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Facilitates management and team member understanding of payroll procedures; updating payroll policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Processes Tax and Garnishments per applicable legislation.
- Manage year-end W-2 processing
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Supervise Payroll Administrator.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience with Workday HCM and have worked with HRIS and payroll systems
- 5+ years in a payroll management capacity
- Must have in depth experience with ADP
- Highly refined verbal communication skills, with a pleasant phone manner
- Professional in dress and presentation
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong MS Office suite skill set to include Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel skills
- Strict confidentiality and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Reliable and dependable with the ability to maintain and adhere to a set schedule and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Prior hospitality experience highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Payroll Certification highly desirable (CPP or equivalent)
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.