Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
We are seeking to add a talented a Payroll Specialist to its Human Resources team in Lewisport, Kentucky. The purpose of this role is administering all employee group payrolls for the Aleris Lewisport Operation.
- Compliance with all safety standards and regulations.
- Manage all aspects of the Payroll system, including the time and attendance process.
- Accountable for ensuring quality administration and accurate processing of weekly and semi-monthly payroll for employees which include: hourly, hourly non-exempt and salaried groups
- Performs pre and post audits of the payroll process.
- Reviews supervisor time entries to ensure that information is properly recorded and that records have the authorized approvals for employees.
- Communicate positively at all levels and visible within the entire organization. Be seen as a champion of employee payroll programs
- Produce ad-hoc reports from the payroll system as requested.
- Validate all pay related transactions such as benefit changes, pay changes, time off, new hires and terminations
- Recommend new approaches for continual improvement in efficiency in the payroll system.
- Expert in the Collective Bargaining Agreement as it relates to pay related issues.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all employee information.
- Manages the Supplemental Employment Benefits when applicable.
- Handles verification of employment, garnishments, vacations, W2 processing, 401k percent changes and loans, ACH transactions, bank details, job and assignments.
- Assist in the maintenance of Human Resource Information System records, personnel files, benefit files, and internal and/or external audits.
- Maintains a positive interface with employees, the HR staff, and management regarding payroll questions and employee requirements.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Provide payroll related information to inside/outside auditors upon request.
- B.S. in management, human resources or related field required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Business Applications software.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced environment to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to recognize data needed in order to make decisions, collect that data, and analyze in order to determine direction in which to proceed.
- Ability and desire to have continued growth within the human resources function.
- 2-3 years of payroll and accounting/audit experience preferred.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.