Controller’s Group client (Software Company, Owned by Private Equity Firm) in Palo Alto has an immediate need for a Senior Payroll Lead (Temporary (at least 2-3 months) assignment, possible temp-to-perm). To be successful, the candidate MUST have used Ultipro (Ultimate Software) payroll Enterprise application.
The Senor Payroll Lead will report to and work closely with the Sr. Payroll Manager. Audit all work products of the junior payroll staff responsible for the US payroll and will provide information to outsourced providers. In addition to Audit and review of the Bi-Weekly and Semi-Monthly payrolls, the Payroll Specialist III (Senior) will be involved in special projects as needed and ensuring SOX compliance.
- Process payroll for THE COMPANY Australia and Canada including all reconciliations and applicable tax filings.
- Superior Analytical skills and ability to create analytical reporting for business partners
- Maintains payroll-related accounts and is responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy of one or more accounts within a complex accounting system.
- Perform tax reconciliations for quarter end filing and year end; make necessary corrections to employee tax withholdings across multiple states. Prepare and transmit tax filing amendments for quarterly and annual corrections.
- Performs regular internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external or internal auditors.
- Generate reports for finance, human resources and third party vendors using ProBusiness RxR and Ultipro Business Intelligence Reporting tools.
- Responsible for payroll process SOX policies, procedures and compliance
- 8+ years’ experience in a multi-state environment.
- Experience with Ultipro preferred
- Experience with International (Australian and/or Canadian) Payroll processing and tax reporting preferred
- Experience with service provider implementation/transfer a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business not required but preferred.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Experience with R&R report Writer and Ultipro Business Intelligence
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)