|Title||Payroll Tax Lead|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||GENERAL - M-F 8:30a-5:30p|
This role will ensure the timely and accurate taxation and distribution of total rewards (including salary and benefits) for employees.
This role is also responsible for advancing Bluegreen’s time and pay strategy, and will work with their peers from across the nation to define and implement quality standards and KPIs, and lead our teams and vendors to deliver services that can scale to Bluegreen’s future growth.
The Payroll Tax Lead must be able to generate new ideas, various cost savings related to payroll taxes, lead and persuade others to a common point of view in a highly matrixed, creative environment. In this role, it is critical to be able to drive alignment across different functions, think quickly, and act decisively in a fast-paced environment while responding to continuously shifts across the business.
• Partner with Leaders and Teams across HR (within Region and Globally) to build a robust Americas strategy, roadmap, and organization to deliver exceptional customer service and high-quality time & pay services for the needs of today and of the future.
• Provide insight to leadership and oversight across all countries in the Americas to ensure compliant, timely and accurate pay for all employees.
• Lead, coach, train, drive and inspire the managers and teams within Payroll.
• Establish end-to-end processes and audit steps from time capture through to pay, and the hand-off to Finance for recording in the general ledger.
• Own the general ledger and provide maintenance on it as needed
• Partner with Finance, Compliance and Tax to ensure the accurate distribution and accounting of Bluegreen’s Payroll department
• Ensure accurate and timely payroll tax payments and withholdings are in compliance with applicable local legislation.
• Lead quarter -end and year-end activities and payment reconciliation with local Government agencies.
• Research external best practices and continuously challenge the status quo by championing new, creative ideas through well structured, supported, and clearly articulated points of view, balancing risk, reward, and trade-offs.
“Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test. EOE/DFW”
|Requirements||• Degree is Accounting, Finance, or Human Resources is preferred|
• 10+ years of global payroll administration and payroll tax expertise, with specific experience in the Americas
• Experience working with SAP, including in-house payroll, and ADP is preferred.
• Must be able to obtain CPP within 6 months
• Ability to work on multiple payroll projects and collaborate with HRIS to ensure all deductions and earnings are being taxed appropriately.
• Ability to train, coach, inspire, and drive a team of ~5 employees with 7+ years of people leadership & excellent customer service skills with reliable resolutions.
• Comprehensive understanding of country level legislation and regulation across Americas
• Strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to communicate plans across a cross-functional and/or highly matrixed organization on a corporate, regional, and functional basis.
• Ability to determine affectively deploy resources against the priorities of the organization.
• Strong information seeking skills and aim to make things happen.
• Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to executive management teams.
• Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources.
• Ability to reconcile YTD totals, complete tax amendments, clear zero wages quarterly and distribute payroll tax and payroll reports as needed
• Ensure that all J1 employees have provided their Social Security Number within the 30 day grace period & act as a liaison with HR to resolve all pending requests
• Ability to work with internal and external customers for all audits
• Ability to reconcile YTD totals related to mid-year conversion projects
• Ability to document process documentation for all payroll tax processes
• Ability to complete small implementation projects and patch upgrades to the payroll system as needed
• Ability to work with Benefits to ensure that all year items have been included timely for the processing of 1095’s annually
• Ability to create and complete all w-2’s for all pay groups as needed and prepare transmission prior to the Payroll’s Manager’s approval for the w-2’s to be processed annually
• Ability to create and complete all w-2c’s for all pay groups as needed and prepare transmission to seek the Payroll’s Manager’s approval for the w-2c’s to be processed annually
• Ability to work a late shift either 9:00 – 6:00pm or 10:00am – 7:00pmEST Monday -Friday & some weekends
• Extensive Year End knowledge related to combining QTD totals from Legacy Systems to adopted Systems
• Process Documentation, and Internal & External Audits
• Conducting Virtual Training for Operations as needed
• Excellent Customer Service skills with all Employee’s