Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
- Assigns the appropriate ICD, HCPCS/ CPT, and E&M codes, as applicable, to diagnoses and procedures generated for outpatient or inpatient encounters, maintaining a 95% accuracy rate in conjunction with meeting productivity standards
- Abstracts demographic and clinical data for performance improvement, research, reporting and reimbursement purposes in relation to assigned areas of work by use of a computerized encoding system
- Validates charges on accounts/charge sessions
- Effectively interacts with providers and ancillary staff for clarification of coding issues
- Maintains statistics, records and logs in relation to assigned work area
- Assists with the training and in-services of students and new employees in specific areas of assignment as directed by management
- Keeps educated about current coding updates per management’s direction – including ICD-10-CM, HCPCS/ CPT and E&M code guidelines and methodologies, as well as payor requirement changes as applicable
- Keeps management informed of coding problems/issues
- Represents coding on teams, committees, and task forces as assigned by management
- Actively participates in other duties as assigned, but only after appropriate training
- Must have completed an American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) approved coding program, -OR-
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) approved program for:
- Certified Coding Specialist, -OR-
- Health Information Technician (2 year degree), -OR-
- Health Information Administrator (4 year degree)
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by an AAPC recognized program, -OR-
- Certified Coding Specialist-Professional (CCS-P), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), -OR- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) by an AHIMA recognized program
- One year of coding experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.