Government agency is looking for a PBX Telecom Technician Contractor for 2 years. Must be green card holder or US citizen. Local to Rockville is highly preferred.
Technical resource to supplement existing telecommunications staff responsible for supporting the Telephone network and associated systems noted as directed by the Enterprise Telecommunications Services Division Chief. Vendor will provide one PBX Telecommunications Technician Contractor to provide support for repairs, moves, adds, changes and site surveys for an Avaya Platform with 159 Endpoints split between 1 Avaya CM3 and 1 Avaya CM6. The Technician is needed to provide technical support for the following systems:
- Avaya CM3 and CM6
- G650, G600, G350, G700 Media Gateways
- Avaya Modular Messaging
- Avaya ASA
- Avaya AES
- Avaya SBC
- Executone Key Systems
- VeraSMART Call Accounting System
Technician will also be required to coordinate services with other Vendors:
- EIA (Electrical Contractor)
- Verizon (Centrex Lines, T1’s, PRI)
- Atlanech Online: PRI / SIP provider
Estimated Level of effort:
- One full-time technician on-site for approximately two years (8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday).
- 55 estimated number of calls received in a 6-month period
- 15 estimated number of calls requiring remote support after hours
- 12 estimated number of calls requiring on-site after-hours support
The same contractor would be responsible for occasional on-call emergency response services outside normal business hours (5:00 pm – 8:30 am Monday-Friday). This time is estimated to be:
- Four Hours on Weekends and Holidays.
- Providing call-back within 30 minutes of initial call.
- will provide detailed instructions regarding what type of calls require action outside of normal business hours.
- After hours emergency support should be billed for actual time service is provided.
- Repairs, moves, adds, changes and site surveys
- After hour emergency response services
- Ticket management
- Documentation updates
Three (3) years experience in a telecommunications field performing work related to moves adds and changes associated with a Private Branch Exchange (PBX), telephone
- Experience in troubleshooting, evaluating, testing and implementing software to support the Avaya CM3 and CM6 platforms to include associated media Gateways and adjuncts.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving telecommunications PBX network hardware issues.
- Knowledge of Avaya Definity, CM6, Session Manager, CMS, and Modular Messaging.
- Familiarity with EIA/TIA or BICSI installation standards.
- Experience with VOIP and Data Networking
- Experience with SharePoint, Microsoft office and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with PRI, T1, and SIP signaling protocols
Education: Completion of an accredited two year undergraduate, certificate or trade school program, which provided training in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
Technicians must have vehicle to be able to travel to County sites.
Technician must have telephone test equipment to include but not limited to:
- Butt set
- Punch down tools
- Wire mapping test set