PC/Desktop Support Specialist
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Desktop Support Specialist will serve as the point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance for computers and peripherals. The selected person will quickly assess issues and will determine next steps, based on input from the customer as well as their own observations of the issues. The Technician will provide expert issue resolution and document all steps in the Remedy ticketing system.
The Desktop Support Specialist will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have a thorough understanding of Windows 7 and some experience with Windows 10. The Technician must be customer oriented and able to explain the issue to the customer. Must be able to deal with difficult customers. Will be responsible for supporting all IT policies and IT security requirements.
More About the Role:
- Work independently in installing, maintaining, and upgrading computer workstations, printers and software.
- Serves as the Desk-side Support technician for incidents within the service area meeting the operational target Service Level Attainment objectives.
- Assists clients in solving their difficult/complex computer related and networking problems and provides basic training for the customers.
- Work independently on larger/complex projects to support the customer as needed.
- Train new Desktop Support techs, ensuring processes and procedures are explained and followed.
- Assist network and server administrators in maintaining the LAN/WAN and server systems.
- Other duties included providing technical and software support to end users.
- Out of normal business hours on-call support will be required.
- Lifting/carrying of computer equipment may be required as needed.
- Occasional travel will be required in Tennessee and surrounding states as required
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Prefer A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three years of Microsoft Windows Desktop, Laptop, Network Printer and LAN/WAN experience, three (3) of which shall be within the last five (5) years in the areas outlined above or 11 years of equivalent work experience in the areas outlined above is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, MS Office 2010/2013, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network printer configuration.
- Possess strong customer service skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Should be detailed oriented and have good documentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal amount of supervision.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with Outlook, Remedy, Dameware and meeting Service Level Agreements.
- A+ Certification
- Network + Certification
- Win 7 Certification
- Win 10 Certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.