We're looking for people who care.
United Methodist Homes inTunkhannock, PA, is committed to serving our community by offering exceptional senior care options while simultaneously creating an employee-friendly environment. Successful United Methodist Homes employees all have one thing in common - truly caring about the people we serve. With quality and compassionate care always top-of-mind, our environment offers supportive teamwork and opportunities for healthcare professionals to learn and grow!
United Methodist Homes is currently hiring aPersonal Care Aide (PCA)to work Part Time Evenings at our Tunkhannock Campus.
What will I do?
- Assist residents in the Adult Care home with various activities of daily living such as:
- Dressing and grooming such as care of hair, nail and teeth
- Bathing, showering, and toileting as needed
- Transporting to and from the dining room for meal times
- Medication assistance as assigned
- Transfer or ambulation
- Make beds and performs other light housekeeping duties such as removing dirty linens, straightening rooms, etc.
- Perform charting duties including activity and treatment sheets
- Check daily appointments for resident such as for the beauty shop, etc and assists with transport
- Encourage and assist resident to activities when necessary
What do I need for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 3 or more months of related experience preferred
- Willingness and ability to complete our training program
What makes United Methodist Homes unique?
- We are a faith-based nonprofit organization, committed to serving the community since 1958, and adhering to our mission of providing a wide range of senior living services with truly exceptional care and compassion.
- We have 2 locations in the Binghamton, NY-area as well as our PA locations in Pittston and Tunkhannock - all providing senior care options and opportunities for career growth!
- We recognize our success depends on committed staff members. We offer a comprehensive, affordable benefit program which includes spousal and family coverage:
- Competitive pay rates
- Incentive compensation programs
- Health insurance plan with Wellness program options
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness for RNs and LPNs
- Weekend bonus and shift differential payments
- Employee referral incentive
United Methodist Homesis an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.