Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
- Conducts daily specimen processing, data analysis and results reporting in the Transplant Genomics Inc (TGI) CLIA Laboratory
- Participates in all lab operations, including proficiency testing, quality management functions, lab safety compliance and ongoing training/development
- Participates in other essential laboratory activities including reagent QC, equipment maintenance, Personnel training & competency assessment, Proficiency Testing, Documentation Systems, Occurrence Management
- Assists with Assay Validation projects, including participation in Validation testing and validation report documentation
- Helps maintain patient and laboratory records consistent with state and federal regulations
- Helps to maintain regulatory compliance and inspection readiness at all times in accordance with federal regulations that apply to the testing facility
- Acts in compliance with company policies and procedures: general policies, Exposure Control, Chemical Hazard, Illness and Injury Prevention Program, and Quality Assurance Program
- Supports the company in the achievement of its goals
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience with molecular diagnostic techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, microarray platforms, Bioanalyzer, NanoDrop and cDNA amplification techniques, is preferred
- A desire to participate in projects beyond the scope of bench duties, in the form of special projects
- Experience with cutting edge technologies to build technical and leadership skills beyond the lab bench
- A working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines, good team approach, good written and oral communication skills, administrative skills, and above-average computer skills
- Highly organized, good documentation skills and attention to detail
- Result and goal oriented attitude, having integrity, a strong work ethic and a commitment to quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; flexible and quickly adaptable to changing priorities
- Effective personal communication skills, with excellent training skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life science; Completion of a CLS training program at an accredited institution
- Must possess a valid California CLS license (Generalist CLS or CGMBS license)
- 6 years of clinical laboratory experience (for CLS III consideration)
- Authorization to work in the Unites States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time hours, with a weekend rotation; and overtime as needed.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.