Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Clinical Cardiologist to join its expanding Heart Center. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage over 1.1 million patient visits annually
- A network of more than 60 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidate will provide Cardiology care at the Beeghly campus, expanding the services of the dedicated Heart Center team, which includes 16 pediatric cardiologists, 5 nurse practitioners and 2 cardiothoracic surgeons who provide a complete spectrum of coordinated, compassionate, cardiac care to over 10,000 patients annually. Services include: advanced diagnostics, complex surgical procedures, an adult congenital heart disease program, a fetal imaging program and a cardiac MRI program. Enjoy practicing in a comfortable community setting.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of Cardiologists affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- An attractive compensation plan that includes bonus compensation
Requirements include board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Cardiology and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
The Mahoning Valley is an exciting and vibrant place to live…outstanding parks, museums, theaters, art galleries, sport events, golf courses, country clubs, live concert and event venues, biking and hiking trails, lakes and much more provide residents with a dynamic choice of recreational opportunities. This area is successfully transitioning to a technology and knowledge-based economy by leveraging its industrial and academic strengths. In just the last two years, 107 businesses have invested $682 million here, creating over 4500 new jobs!