Ohio- based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Gastroenterologist to join its expanding Pediatric Gastroenterology Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 900 providers, who manage 1,000,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 60 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
- An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of 8 pediatric gastroenterologists and 2 nurse practitioners who work together to meet the clinical and academic goals of the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and satisfy the needs of the Hospital’s growing patient population. The team treats a broad range of gastrointestinal and nutritional problems including motility disorders, aerodigestive disorders and inflammatory bowel disease.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of gastroenterologists affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board certification in by the American Board of Pediatrics and board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Gastroenterology and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community offers outdoor enthusiasts more than 40,000 acres of parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine.
Interested candidates may apply or contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email@example.com. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.