St. Lukes University Health Network, the regions largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nations 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a passionate BC/BE Pediatric General Surgeon to join us and contribute to the growth of our rapidly developing Pediatric Surgery program!
St. Lukes pediatrics department is growing and expanding our offering of services. We are seeking providers who are innovative and excited by growth and new opportunities.
If you are excited by the prospect of working with our experienced pediatric surgeon to build and shape a new surgical division in a supportive environment, we look forward to speaking with you!
- Large referral base from the Department of Pediatrics comprised of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations throughout the region.
- The current inpatient units, located at St. Lukes University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, all have 24/7 in-house hospitalist and intensivist coverage. These include an 18 bed pediatric med/surg unit, an 8 bed PICU, and a surgical NICU. In addition, there is a 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Lukes Anderson Campus and an 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Lukes Allentown Campus.
- Strong OR resources - Pediatric anesthesiology (MDs and CRNAs), pediatric minimally invasive equipment and appropriate block time.
- Multiple growing pediatric subspecialty practices - including radiology, pulmonology, GI, cardiology, neurology and more!
- Growing OB department with over 4,000 deliveries per year. Strong MFM division as referral base for fetal anomalies/neonatal surgery.
- Teaching and research opportunities with our well-established General Surgery residency program, medical school and affiliation with Temple University.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 350,000 patients annually.
- St. Lukes emergency medicine includes comprehensive stroke centers, 4 PCI centers, a level 1 adult trauma center and two level 4 trauma centers.
In joining St. Lukes University Health Network youll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus!
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities