Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Your Career. Made Better.
Founded in 1879, St. Louis Children’s Hospital is the seventh oldest pediatric hospital in the United States and the oldest west of the Mississippi. More than 275,000 children receive care each year at Children’s Hospital, and it has seen patients from all 50 states and over 60 countries. St. Louis Children’s Hospital is ranked as one of the top 10 pediatric hospitals in the nation by US News & World Report and Parents magazine . The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is consistently listed among the top medical schools in the country.
Utilizes a high degree of knowledge, skill and competence in specialized patient care area. Assesses, diagnose, initiates plan of care and evaluates outcomes.
- Manages the health care of select patient populations through advanced health assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and evaluation.
- Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Assesses development needs of staff and develops and delivers appropriate educational programs to meet staff needs.
- Coordinates the care of select patient populations to ensure promotion of health and wellness through education of patients and families, coordination of services and placing referrals.
- Develops treatment plans, treats patients with acute problems including illnesses and minor injuries following a predetermined protocol.
- Master's Degree
- - Nursing(Accredited NP Program)
- <2 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Nurse Practitioner
- - Nursing
- 2-5 years
Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Clinical - Direct Skills
- Pediatric Nursing - 5 years or more
- Preceptor - 2 years or more
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) - 2 years or more
Professional - Non Clinical Skills
- Coaching Others - 2 years or more
- Mentoring Others - 2 years or more
- Quality Improvement (QI) - 2 years or more
- Conducting Research - 2 years or more
- Teaching/Presentation - 2 years or more
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer