BC/BE Fellowship Trained Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Childrens Mercy Kansas City is an independent, non-profit, 367-bed pediatric health system, providing half a million patient encounters each year. Childrens Mercy is ranked by U.S. News & World Report in all 10 specialties, and as one of Americas Best Childrens Hospitals. Our medical staff of more than 750 pediatric subspecialists and researchers is actively involved in clinical care, pediatric research and educating the next generation of pediatric subspecialists.
- Current openings for two pediatric ophthalmologists with interest in pediatric and adult strabismus, ROP (laser and avastin treatment experience preferred), ocular genetics, and/or general pediatric ophthalmology to cover two retiring ophthalmologists
- Join a dedicated team of 5 full-time pediatric ophthalmologists, 2 orthoptists and 6 pediatric optometrists
- On-site support from 6 additional ophthalmologists including ocular oncology, pediatric retina, neuro-ophthalmology, and oculoplastics
- Call coverage is 1:6(7) at one Level I pediatric trauma center with resident/fellow coverage
- Opportunity for teaching a pediatric ophthalmology fellow and ophthalmology residents from 2 residency programs
- Academic appointment at University of Kansas and University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Participate in shared ROP screening and treatment at 10 local NICUs (60-80 babies per week)
- Access to 2 full-time ophthalmology research coordinators with ~30 internally and externally funded pediatric ophthalmology projects including PEDIG studies
- Clinic diagnostic equipment including Optos (with fluorescein angiography), anterior and posterior segment OCT, Pentacam, visual field, Lenstar, specular microscopy and ERG
- Advanced OR equipment including 3D viewing system with intraoperative OCT, retinal and glaucoma lasers, UBM, Retcam, and Avedro corneal crosslinking system
- The ophthalmology and optometry team see 35,000+ patient visits annually with excellent support from 32 ophthalmic technicians and an overall staff of 60 employees
- Competitive salary and compensation package including licensure, board fees, CME allowance, vacation time, health insurance and retirement
For more information or consideration, please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.