University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Childrens Hospital is recruiting an Academic Pediatric Pulmonologist to join our division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergy/Immunology and Sleep Medicine. We are seeing a candidate with strong clinical and teaching skills with a desire to pursue a career on the Clinician-Educator track. Our division is a uniquely integrated clinical, basic and translational science program that includes 13 clinically active physician faculty, 9 PhD research faculty with primary appointments in the division, and 3 emeritus faculty engaged in teaching and research collaborations.
Division and departmental leadership encourage academic pursuits that fulfill the organization mission:
To Heal, To Teach, and To Discover.
Physician faculty are actively engaged in clinical research, basic and translational research, educational scholarship, quality improvement, and advocacy efforts locally, regionally, and nationally. We have an active ACGME accredited fellowship program in pediatric pulmonology and sleep medicine and a large pediatric residency program. The Division is home to the LeRoy Matthews Cystic Fibrosis Center, the only accredited Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Center in the state, a Technology Dependent Program, an active Asthma Clinical and Research Center, a Pulmonary Hypertension Program, an Interstitial Lung Disease Program, and a fully accredited Pediatric Sleep Medicine Laboratory.
Duties will include:
- Providing inpatient and outpatient care
- Teaching medical students, residents, and fellows
- Participating in clinical research and quality improvement projects or other academic pursuits based on the candidates interests.
- MD, DO or equivalent degree
- Board-certified or Board-eligible
- Active Ohio Medical License in good standing upon effective date of employment
- Excellent clinical and teaching skills
- Proficiency in pediatric flexible bronchoscopy and interpretation of pulmonary function testing
- Training and certification in Sleep Medicine is desirable but not required
A mentorship committee will be established to support academic development and promotion.
Academic appointment, rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and primary board certification. Compensation is highly competitive.