Sanford Health is seeking a Pediatrician to join staff of the Sanford Children's CARE Clinic located in Fargo, ND.
- CARE stands for Child Abuse Referral and Evaluation
- Sanford's CARE team works with the Red River Children's Advocacy Center (RRCAC) to provide medical evaluation, treatment and recommendations
- Our staff works with childcare agencies, medical agencies, law enforcement officials and social service agencies to educate the public about abuse and its prevention
- Physician special training in child abuse pediatrics
- Family nurse practitioners
- Child life specialists who can help with diagnosis and treatment including pediatric orthopedists, pediatric trauma team, pediatric psychiatrists/psychologists, radiologist and social workers
- Child-appropriate exams and medical evaluations
- Forensic medical evaluation for child abuse
- Evaluations involving child pornography
- Expert testimony in court cases
- Referrals to agencies, including social services and law enforcement
- Education for other medical and community agencies regarding treatment and prevention of child abuse
- Telephone consultation to medical providers, law enforcement, schools, child protection services and hospital emergency departments
- Hospital consultation
Requirements include the possession of a medical degree or foreign equivalent and must be Board Certified or eligible for Board certification in Child Abuse Pediatrics. Candidates Must be licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the State of North Dakota.