Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career whereyour skills and passion for delivering quality care makea positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
The MVPN Peer Services Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation, organization and successful sustainability of the MVPN Program at Metrocare Services. The Coordinator will recruit, organize and train MVPN Peers to provide direct peer services to Service Members, Veterans and their Families (SMVF). The Coordinator will also provide direct peer services to this population. The MVPN Peer Services Coordinator will participate in local and state trainings, community presentations, and other outreach mediums as needed to enhance service provision, promote the MVPN Program and to recruit MVPN Peers and participants. Recruitment will focus on engaging veterans who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their family members, though veterans from any service area can receive peer services. The Peer Services Coordinator will supervise the Assistant Peer Services Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (* Other duties may be assigned.)
- Develop and implement strategies for outreach to identify and engage potential Peers and SMVF participates and to raise the visibility of the MVPN program among the local military and veterans community
- Conduct outreach meetings with potential referral sources to establish new partnerships and foster a positive image for the MVPN
- Report outreach activities, progress and the Peer Services provided to SMVF community to the Director of Mental Health Services
- Facilitate weekly recruitment and outreach meetings
- Ensure all aspects of NTBHA contract is fulfilled including peer-to-peer services, participation in criminal justice programs as needed and collaboration with community veteran service organizations
- Ensure timely referrals to higher levels (or more appropriate) of care are done for all SMVF participants in need
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to use limited resources to achieve objectives
- Training in suicide prevention (ASIST, ASK, SAVE or a similar curriculum)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and significant military experience
- Certification as an MVPN Peer Services Coordinator
- Prior experience in recruitment within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Significant knowledge base regarding community resources and services
- Experience in a volunteer-focused program
- Demonstrated public speaking/presentation ability
- Outgoing, pleasant, professional manner; the ability to create and maintain contacts in the community; and clearly articulate mission and goals of the Military Family Clinic
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Supervise, train and evaluate assigned personnel.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups including advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. Due to the multi-site responsibilities of this position the incumbent must be able to carry equipment and supplies (up to 15 pounds). The position requires standing and/or walking in excess of 7 hours a day.
- Travel as necessary.
- Evening and Weekends may be required for attending outreach and networking events or to provide Peer Services.
The work environment describe here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- The work environment should not be unusually hot or cold.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefitsEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerTobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters