PURPOSE:Provides additional support for older adult clients (aged 55+) needing assistance to stay in the community and not be hospitalized.
- Must meet the Oregon Administrative Rules definition of a peer: "any individual who has similar life experience, either as a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services, or as a family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services."
- Must hold a Peer Support Specialist certification from a State-approved training program.
- Must be able toprovide required letter from the Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) with the Traditional Health Worker Number. If interviewed, must be able to provide a copy of the letter.
- Transporting clients in a personal vehicle is required. Must have access to car, valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage, and ability to meet driving requirements.
- Familiar with developmental needs of adults.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Bilingual fluency (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
- Training/experience with Intentional Peer Support model preferred
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.orgDrug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09