JOB TITLE: People Analytics Data Analyst
DEPARTMENT / DIVISION: People Analytics / Human Resources
LOCATION: Ada, MI
What’s special about this team:
The People Analytics team, is a newly created team in our Human Resources Division, tasked with providing people-related insights that inform business decisions. Working on this team will offer an opportunity to provide data insights that inform employee programming, employee engagement, and further shape the employee experience. We are already a winning employee culture, and your work on this team will better inform leaders around human resource decisions to advance our employee value proposition. This team will act as an investigative group, working to gather key information, analyze the insights, and offer logic to advance our employee’s experience. If you would enjoy the challenge of mining data insights to inform human resource decisions, this teams work will offer you challenge and opportunity!
How you would contribute to the role:
If you have talent data and analytics, along with the ability to extract stories from the data, you will enjoy applying these skills in a new way to inform human resource decisions! As a Data Analyst, you will seek to understand data tables that exist around employee information and map the data for people analytics purposes. Your work will help inform and develop people analytics KPI’s that over time will provide areas of focus, opportunity, and investigation for employee insights. Additionally, your work will inform employee programs by providing data that informs design to enhance the employee experience, offering a more competitive employee value proposition. Working with a collaborative global team, you will also help with a global deployment of our people analytics software and tools, which will support our global affiliates with similar programming and better-informed people decisions. This role is a blend of art and science, using the data for translation into meaningful insights that can support our strategic people decisions. If you have a talent to mine data and understand the story behind the data to help leaders make better informed decisions, this may be the perfect role for you!
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Two to four years demonstrated experience with business analytics, or a related role
- Demonstrated talent with analytics, and data (employee information experience desirable)
- Skills to investigate, scout, and research for insights around business questions
- Demonstrated experience with SPSS, SAS, Access, R, OBIEE, etc.
- Strong Excel skills, with capabilities in pivot tables and macros
- Talent to provide forecasts, rationale, statistical probabilities, and perspectives
- Analytical problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to make comparisons, find similarities and differences; reach logical fact-based conclusions
- Natural curiosity, to research pathways and resources, to consider for business questions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline required