Job Title: PeopleSoft Software Engineer
Shift: Day Shift – FULL TIME
Summary of Department/Service Line: UPMC Pinnacle is seeking a PeopleSoft Software Engineer. UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. As a leading employer in the region, UPMC Pinnacle strives to attract and retain talented, compassionate people who share this same vision. There are many benefits in becoming an employee at UPMC Pinnacle:
- Collaborative work environment
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Tuition Assistance after six months of employment (must be in a qualified FTE)
- Free parking
Job Summary: UPMC Pinnacle is seeking an experienced PeopleSoft Software Engineer. The primary responsibilities are to design, develop, test, implement, and support PeopleSoft applications and related systems in support of UPMC Pinnacle's strategic and day to day business needs.
- Develop, design, document, maintain, evaluate, support, and provide problem resolution for system applications
- Performs a variety of technical and analytical functions for information systems throughout the organization
- Utilizes components of project management methodology for implementations and upgrades
- Troubleshoots software issues and escalates problems appropriately
- Supports the processes of sustaining and improving operational and systems performance
- Bachelor's degree preferred and three to five (3-5) years' relevant experience or Associates Degree plus Five to seven (5-7) years' relevant experience.
- 10-12 years of progressively increased responsibility will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Have knowledge of process improvement, education and training, project management, including coordinating information, and inter-disciplinary team projects
- Five years experience with PeopleSoft applications, architecture, and development
- Proficient in PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engine, XML Publisher, Component Interface, and Integration Broker in an environment using PeopleTools 8.53 or higher
- Experience with PeopleSoft 8.9 or higher applications, 9.x a plus
- Proficient in use of SQL with relational databases
- Ability to develop and maintain applications in an environment utilizing Oracle DBMS and MS Windows.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM modules, Finance a plus
- Experience with HR, Payroll, and Benefits Administration desired
- Experience with OnBase, MS Office, SuccessFactors, and Remedyforce beneficial
- PeopleSoft upgrade experience a plus
- Performance tuning experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle 12.x or higher preferred
PeopleSoft, PeopleCodde, SQR, SQL, Oracle, OnBase, SuccessFactors, Remedyforce,
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.