Cardiac Sonographer Technologist (with Vascular experience) – Key West, FL
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Key West Satellite Clinic, where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
1. Verifies orders and patient information prior to exam. Completes all necessary documentation associated with each case to ensure that reports and charges are accurate and timely.
2. Performs echocardiograms in various locations throughout the hospital; portable, in the department, etc. Takes the iniative to complete exams as needed to achieve maximum productivity of the department.
3. Maintains productivity and efficiency. Completes exams within appropriate time frame and assures that clinical appointments are kept on time.
4. Selects appropriate frequencies and settings to fully optimize 2D and Doppler images. EKG signals clear, images well aligned and on axis, appropriate scales and speed utilized.
5. Differentiates normal and abnormal structures and provides accurate technical impressions of pathology observed. Reports critical values to physicians and management as required.
6. Adheres to departmental protocol and assures that sufficient anatomy and accurate measurements are documented to provide a diagnosis.
7. Prepares patient and assists with transesophogeal echocardiograms to the satisfaction of the physicians.
8. Demonstrates knowledge in the preparation and administration of contrast agents and stress testing.
9. Demonstrates knowledge in the current ASE guidelines for quantitation and assessment of cardiac pathology.
10. Utilizes proper techniques in the cleaning and disinfection of TEE probes.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!