SURGICAL SERVICES ASSISTANT/MAIN OR - PER DIEM
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Main OR team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
- Clean surgical area by removing waste and linen, washing down furniture, surgical lights, beds, stretchers, mattresses, walls, bar huggers, SCD machines, wiping down electrical cords and mopping floors.
- Prepare operating room for next case including replacing furniture and equipment (stretchers, IV poles.)
- Maintain O.R. equipment inventory, and restock supplies as necessary.
- Move patients to and from O.R. beds using proper body mechanics/safety protocol.
- Transport specimens, blood, amputated limbs and the deceased to and from lab/morgue.
- Other duties as assigned.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!