Per Diem Nurse Practitioner – Oncology – Dubin Breast Center
Locations: New York, NewYork
Categories: Nursing –Advanced Practice/ Nurse Practitioner/ CRNA
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
A Registered Nurse Practitioner engaged to work on an as-neededbasis for patient care delivery.
Roles amp; Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical patient care to all assignedpatients on an as-needed basis.
- Maintains BCLS/ACLS Certification and annualprogram requirements, for renewal, the nurse practitioner participates inclasses offered by Nursing Education.
- Possesses the required competence in the area ofassignment within the guidelines of the position description.
- Completes the necessary orientation program ascoordinated by Nursing Education prior to engagement. Complies with allinstitutional regulations as would a full-time employee.
- Maintains telephone accessibility for control ofassignment. Notifies the unit or care center office of any changes in contactinformation.
- Submits a letter of resignation at least twoweeks ahead of effective date.
- Education: Master's degree program designed toprepare a registered nurse to provide acute/primary health care services or thesuccessful completion of an approved supplemental education program, i.e.,post-Masters NP certificate.
- Relevant clinical nursing experience in oncology required
- Licenses: Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Practitioner
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September 2013,The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School ofMedicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including MountSinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital,Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), MountSinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect forindividual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feelvalued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Shift : Per Diem
Primary Location: New York-New York