The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join a winning team! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a per diem Medical Social Worker to work with our Space Coast Home Health division in Brevard County to provide skilled medical social work services to the patients and their significant others.
- Evaluates/assesses psycho social and financial factors of patient and significant others and administers counseling; per physician's orders
- Establishes and follows a plan of intervention.
- Refers patients and significant others to appropriate community resources.
- Observes and evaluates patient's response to counseling and referrals as appropriate.
- Periodic joint review with agency administration of social worker intervention at VNA, and assist in planning new goals and objectives.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Participates in case conferences, in services and QA activities.
- Prepares and keeps current documentation of patients' cases for the patient's record.
- Conferences with other social workers, assistant social worker or other clinicians, as appropriate in assessing patient needs and required interventions.
- Participates in volunteer, staff, community education, speaking engagements and community health projects
- Minimum of 1 year experience in social services, home health experience strongly preferred
- Masters degree in a related field required