The Performance Improvement Engineer will serve as a liaison between the PI and hospital operational teams to guide and implement efforts to ensure that performance improvement (PI) initiatives are developed and measured using a data-driven focus, which sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic goals. This is a heavily customer-facing role, which will actively engage with various clinical, operational, and leadership teams, at the facilities with a large focus on relationship building at all levels to ensure the success of new and ongoing PI strategies.
- Participates and/or leads teams, workgroups, projects, and activities designed to improve operational performance and processes.
- Researches opportunities for performance improvement establishes plans and coordinates teams in achieving performance improvement for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Manages multiple projects and can work at various levels of the organization in both a clinic and inpatient environment.
- Can manage large-scale projects through the entire project life cycle. Has a breadth of knowledge to acquire data, convert to information, draw action plans and coach departments to their targets.
- Bachelor's Degree, Industrial Engineering
- Experience in project management and change management.
- Able to work in both the clinic and hospital environment.
- Proficient Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project, Minitab
- Highly accurate, organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, maintain confidentiality, multi-task oriented, and exhibit excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- 3-10 years' experience in designing and carrying out performance improvement plans.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Clinical or Healthcare background
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma Training