Under general direction, responsible for the sale of large, complex, bundled offerings with guaranteed savings to high potential, solution sales customers at the C-level. Promote the JCI value proposition at the executive level (C-level) by providing solutions to the customer’s business and financial challenges. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with key and target building owners. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Executes the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales and guaranteed savings opportunities. Positions renewable service agreements and guaranteed savings as the foundation of managed account relationships. Leverage monthly checkpoints to gain progressive commitments from the customer. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of offerings within that account. Select account team on key and target customers. Focused in a vertical market.
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the JCI offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners and owner representatives at the C-level while reaching optimal profit levels. Particularly focusing on selling performance contracting while ensuring that we achieve maximize share of customers business. Focuses on demonstrating value at the executive level by providing solutions to business and financial challenges as well as working through gateways to achieve joint planning status. Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customer.
- Builds partnering relationships with the economic buyer, owner or owner representatives responsible for the decision making process to drive the solution sales of JCI offerings. Manages ongoing sales process, develops relationship, responds to and anticipates customer needs. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Demonstrates financial and business acumen to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with prospective customers. Develops network of contacts. Understands and leverages sales process checkpoints as well as demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes and commitments. Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Refers leads to other business segments.
- Addresses customer's financial, business, operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions that match the customer’s business and financial challenges. Differentiates JCI services and products from competitors based on business benefits and knowledge of competitor’s business strategies.
- Effectively writes, presents and communicates proposals. Secures major opportunities through the use of financial agreements. Negotiates value, addresses resistance when demonstrated, and closes the sale.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five to seven years of progressive field sales experience at the C-level.
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Ability to travel 50%.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.