Performing Arts Center (PAC)
Apache Junction Unified School District
Classification: Non-Exempt, At-Will
Job Title: Performing Arts Center Technician Intern
Reports To: Performing Arts Center Coordinator
Salary Range: $11.08 (Based on experience & education) Seasonal Position
Provide technical support to ensure that the Arizona Lecture Series presenters and audience have an exceptional experience at the AJUSD Performing Arts Center.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Work with the Performing Arts Center (PAC)Team and district staff to provide world-class customer service
- Operate the lighting board, sound board and video projection before and during performances
- Run sound checks and ensure that audio quality will exceed performer and audience expectations
- Properly light stage and presenters / performers according to performer specifications
- Test electronic equipment and lights prior to performances to make to ensure an exceptional technical performance
- Properly set the stage for the event prior to the arrival of the performer this can include but is not limited to: pulling in the projection screen, stage wings, and podium.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Respond to all internal and external customers, in a prompt, efficient, friendly and patient manner
- Function effectively as a team member
- Be responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Be a willing learner that models flexibility and adapts to change
- Positively accept direction
- Establish and maintain courteous, cooperative working relationships
- Direct constructive criticism toward improving the district
- Exercise positive problem solving behavior and conflict resolution skills
- Be a positive role model for students
- Adhere to the dress code appropriate to the site and job
- Work with a large cross section of people in a professional and non-judgmental manner
- Ability to analyze difficult and complex operations
- Basic knowledge of sound equipment, lighting equipment, rigging and stage management practices
- Ability to work individually and work collective as a team
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and public
- Knowledge of and adheres to all policies, regulations and rules
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of set-up and operation of stage lights, audio and video
- Demonstrated experience of safety practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of stage and technical terms as evidenced by successful completion of Stagecraft or Technical Theater coursework; comparable job experience may be accepted in lieu of this coursework
- Ability to maintain a positive working experience with AJUSD staff, performers and general public
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve them efficiently
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Two years experience in the high schools Stagecraft and Tech Theater classes
Physical Requirements — Performing Arts Center
Positions in this department typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, walking, sitting, finger or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, speaking, hearing, seeing (with correction), focusing ability, or other factors applicable to this job. Employees may be subject to travel, odors, dust, poor ventilation, workspace restrictions, and loud noises. Duties may require employee to drive a vehicle, access equipment at higher levels on scaffolds or ladders, and be exposed weather conditions including extreme heat or cold. Employees may be required to lift or exert up to 40 pounds of force to move objects occasionally, and up to 15 pounds of force to move objects frequently. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Apache Junction Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including sexual preference/identity) or disability in its employment practices.