Meet State Licensure Requirements.
A $44.00 background check is required upon offer of employment. A $125.00 license fee is required upon offer of employment.
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: TEACHER ARTS PROGRAM AT CREATIVE LEARNING CENTER
Reports To: PRINCIPAL
General Job Description:
Working under the supervision of the Creative Learning Center principal for the purpose of assisting and coordinating the integration of arts/fine arts in the elementary schools and provide classroom instruction on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Arts principal in planning and implementing elementary arts programs.
- Order and prepare materials, create art lessons K-5, and teach visual art to elementary children guided by the NM State Standards and Benchmarks.
- Attend Arts Education Committee meetings and other meetings as appropriate (FAEA Conferences, Winter Meetings).
- Assist Arts principal and visual arts sub-committee in selecting visual arts curriculum for school board approval.
- Assist Arts principal in planning and presenting arts integrated lessons at district in-service meetings, summer programs as scheduled and other classes.
- Coordinate Elementary Fine Arts program with Middle and Elementary schools.
- Assist Arts principal to create parent/teacher surveys, document student achievement in the arts, and compile end of year reports.
- Demonstrate program support through community involvement and maintenance of positive relationship with program partners.
- Implement pilot sites and develop a comprehensive program.
- Knowledge of Elementary arts curriculum, arts integration, best practices, technology, visual arts, literacy, New Mexico Standards and Benchmarks in the Arts as well as in other content areas.
- Types of Art Programs: Dance, Music, Theatre (PA) and/or Visual Arts (VA) with lessons that have been researched and planned to incorporate all the elements of the program; Mission, Goals, Objectives & Strategies, Rationale of Excellence and Equity, Creative Growth stages, NM Arts Standards, Artist’s Habits, Essentials of a discipline-based arts program, and Developmental Stages.
- Communicate accurate and up-to-date information to students in a way that enhances student learning.
- Manage time appropriately.
- Cooperate with administration, parent(s), and co-workers.
- Create a positive atmosphere, and arrange the physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning.
- Take precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Account for assigned equipment and materials.
- Leave adequate preparations for a substitute.
- Encourage cooperation between students.
- Maintain student involvement in appropriate tasks.
- Use appropriate techniques, strategies, and materials to achieve the desired instructional goal.
- Adapt the curriculum to meet the needs of individual students.
- Use current technology for instruction and management purposes.
- Provide opportunity for each student to participate in the activity/performance.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive matters.
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Work independently with very little supervision
- Report to work on time and work no less than 7.25 hours per day.
- Work flexible hours as determined by supervisor and job requirement.
- Travel from school to school (Elementary and Middle).
- May be required to perform other functions as assigned by your supervisor.
Students in your charge.
Page 1 of 2
Roswell Independent School District
TEACHER ARTS PROGRAM AT CREATIVE LEARNING CENTER (CONT’D)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree.
- Current New Mexico Certified license with endorsement in Visual Arts, Performing Arts and/or Fine Arts Music, depending on what position applying for.
- Valid Driver’s license and Car Insurance.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required, unless ADA accommodations have been mutually agreed on and does not create an undue hardship upon the district.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions (blood borne pathogens, body fluids, etc.)
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, multi-media equipment including current technology as needed.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise and temperature. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hours work may be required. Will be required to go from site to site. May work under stressful conditions on occasion.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.