Primary Location : Connecticut-Hartford-79 Jefferson St HH Bliss Wing (10064)
Job : Other
Organization : Hartford Hospital
Job Posting : Oct 22, 2019
Perfusion Assistant - Operating Room Cardio Vascular - ( 19160096 )
DescriptionWork where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Responsible for the set-up, operation and maintenance of autologous blood recovery system for various surgical procedures in the operating room. Provides ancillary support care to the patient during an operative or interventional procedure such as coronary, peripheral, and neuro interventions, cardiac and vascular surgery. Provides support to the Perfusionist.
• High school diploma required
• Associates degree in Chemical Science, Biological Science or related field preferred.
• Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
• BLS required.
• Proficient with reading and writing English.
• Prior medical experience a plus.
• Certified Perioperative Blood Management Technologist (PBMT) or PBMT Certification eligible.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
• Requires the analytical skills to resolve problems requiring the use of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a stressful environment.
• Knowledge and skills related to aseptic technique, monitoring set up, POC testing, and additional unit support.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Standard Hours Per Week : 40
Schedule : Full-time (40 hours)