Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- $10,000 sign on bonus and $3,000 relocation
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunity to work for a growing Cardiovascular Program
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
- Responsible for the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart lung machine during surgical procedures, manages extracorporeal circulation / cardiopulmonary support.
- Helps manage invasive pressure monitoring of Arterial, Swan Ganz catheters
- Manages Autotransfusion / Cell saver for surgical procedures open heart, thoracic and abdominal aneurysms in coordination with the RN Circulating Nurse
- Manages intraoperative STS data for accurately for adult cardiac surgery registry.
- Manages the oversight of Intra-aortic balloon pump in the CVOR
- Maintains the care of capital equipment by cleaning and maintenance after each use.
- Checks and restocks disposable supplies
- Be available for On–Call status for emergent CABG/Perfusion cases as assigned
- Operates point of care blood testing devices and be able to interpret results
- Manages and operate heparin management system
- Bachelor’s degree with successful completion of perfusion or circulation technologies certification required
- Board certified or eligible as a CCP or CCT.
- CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of Extracorporeal circulation/ cardiopulmonary support, anticoagulation/hematological analysis, use of auto transfusion / apheresis, intra-aortic balloon equipment.
The Perfusionist assumes the responsibility for the perioperative patient care by operating the heart and lung machine during surgeries that require cardiopulmonary bypass e.g. heart bypass surgery, and heart valve repair. Working closely with the cardiothoracic surgical team, including cardiac surgeons, anesthesiologists, surgical technicians and nurses is responsible for the therapeutic perfusion processes.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.