SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Advocate Condell Surgery Center is a multispecialty ambulatory surgery center
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Perioperative (OR) Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient’s care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes an active role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position in patient care duties.
- Utilizes time effectively
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with regard to attendance.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. Required
- At least one year of OR and/or medical / surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Current state licensure to practice required
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basice Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification. Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current PALS certification.
Please send resumes to Micheline.crouch.scasurgery.com