INTERVIEW PROCESS: First Round is a 1-hour in person interview on site in Hopkington, MA
Sr. Level like 5+ years of experience.
Computer engineering computer science background folks fit in well with this team.
Need to be familiar with databases. Need to know how to tear databases apart to identified what's needed to be migrated.
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies.
- Identifies design requirements and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance optimization and future direction.
- Designs storage solutions per business requirements. This includes performing storage workload modeling for sizing, optimization and troubleshooting.
- esearches and compares system/OS features and works with vendors on system sizing for specific applications.
- Understands storage virtualization, data rationalization, workload automation, storage provisioning, Disaster Recovery and SAN Fabric management.
- Troubleshoots storage-related reliability, availability, and performance issues. Collaborates on and implements architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning.
- Identifies and eliminates performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, configuration).
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies.
- Performs competitive analysis for features at a product level scope.
- Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced products.
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions.
- Assists with the development and review of end user and technical end user documentation.
- Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product.
- Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, open source).
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines. Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
- Contributes to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments
- Prepares written software/storage specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents
- Develops and reviews design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed Develops, reviews, analyzes and implements test strategies for software products and systems/for storage products and systems
- Develops, tests and integrates code for new or existing software of significant complexity Provides sustaining or maintenance support to existing software/storage environment, either by implementation or providing guidance to less senior engineers
- Designs and implements source code revision control methods for products
- Prepares accurate project status documentation for leadership
- Measures and analyzes quality metrics.
- Defines and implements actions for departmental or cross-functional process improvements
- Contributes to resource, schedule and cost sizing for software development projects of medium complexity