WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO:Campus Principal
PAY GRADE:Paraprofessional 030(187 Days)
Enable each child to pursue his/her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of his/her regular teacher; To reduce the number of unfilled substitute teaching positions at the secondary level and elementary feeder schools
High School Diploma or GED
Teacher's Certificate, degree, or at least 60 college semester hours preferred.
Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication.
Experience working with children/students.
MAJOR PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review with the principal, or designee, all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day
- Teach the lesson outlined and described in the "substitute teacher's guide" as prepared by the absent teacher
- Consult as appropriate with the principal, or designee, before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the "substitute teacher's guide"
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom and classroom to which assigned
- Assume responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and elsewhere as appropriate
- Report to the principal, or designee, upon arrival at the school building
- Contact feeder schools to take an unfilled position there should none exist at home campus
- Report, in writing, on the day's activities at the conclusion of each teaching day
Professional Growth and Development:
- Attend substitute in-services provided by the district
- Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates
Ability to communicate (verbal and written); ability to instruct; ability to maintain control under stress.
Contribute to the prevention of accidents and injuries by observing safety rules and District policy, practicing the principles and skills taught in safety training, wearing personal protective equipment as required, reporting injuries and incidences immediately to supervisor, and being proactive in the ongoing efforts to improve and maintain workplace safety.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.