Under direct supervision, attends to the personal care of assigned individuals and assists in the facilitation of learning experiences and activities according to the participant's Individual Service Plan (ISP)/ Individual Program Plan (IPP) objectives and Service Design.
- Assists with assessments, planning, and the evaluation process for individuals. May attend meetings with stakeholders to recommend changes to the service plan.
- Assists other direct care associates in conducting activities consistent with consumer and program objectives.
- Assists with providing with personal care which may include nutrition, personal hygiene and supporting the individual to look his/her best.
- Assists in the selection of activities and life skills learning experiences according to ISP and IPP objectives as needed.
- HS diploma or GED and up to 2 years' experience, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience to perform the job successfully.
- Ability to obtain and maintain both First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Must possess basic computer skills; demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications (e.g. Excel)
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the safe use of all adaptive equipment related to the program.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing; ability to interpret and carry out verbal and written instruction.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, practicing collaboration and cooperation; ability to be solution oriented and creative.
- Must adhere to ethical practices and the core values of ESSC.
- Ability to provide assistance with personal care and transfer an individual who may have little to no weight bearing skills.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds repetitively. Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to push people who use wheelchairs on a variety of terrain and support people with other mobility needs as required.
- Must be able to tolerate an outdoor work environment inclusive of a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals and/or program requirements.