By clicking "Send," you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our Terms
The Role Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will join a team that may include a Supervisor, other Personal Bankers, and Tellers. As Personal Banker, you will be responsible for assisting members who come into the branch and providing a full range of services from opening new accounts to solving service or account issues to processing loans. In everything you do, you will demonstrate a strong commitment to service. Daily, you will be responsible for:
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Opening new accounts, certificates, and IRA's
- Assisting customers with service issues and account maintenance
- Inputting, processing, and funding of Consumer loans
- Inputting and processing of real estate loans
- Providing superior customer service on every interaction
- Providing all teller services, which include accepting deposits, payments and withdrawals
Pictured: UNIFY offers free webinars throughout the year on all things financial—from money basics to tax strategies and more. Additionally, we partner with Experian to bring members Clue In on Credit – free credit education and online webinars.
The Requirements While it's an advantage, you don't have to have direct banking experience to qualify for this role. We're looking for goal-oriented individuals with outstanding customer service skills, a bias toward quality and the ability to talk effectively to customers regarding financial matters. Candidates could come from banking, contract-based retails businesses such as car sales, cell phone/technology sales or similar, insurance or related roles.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Personal Banker opportunity, you will have:
We'll look to you to be flexible in your schedule.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of experience as a Personal Banker / New Accounts Representative in a financial institution OR experience in a similar customer service position with proven success talking to consumers about financial accounts, products, and/or services Quick question for you - click here
- Knowledge of customer service functions such as opening/closing/maintaining accounts, ATM/Debit Card processing, performing account maintenance and wire transfers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of consumer and real estate loan products, services, policies, and procedures; previous loan processing experience is preferred
- Solid knowledge of teller functions and previous cash-handling experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively assist customers and team members in difficult situations
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, and work with integrity, and honesty
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) certification through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS)