Personal Banking Officer
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Founded in 1966 in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has grown to become one of the nation’s largest independently owned banks, with more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in Arizona, North Dakota and Minnesota. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top bank and a top financial workplace by American Banker, Forbes, Fortune and the Minneapolis StarTribune.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position retains and expands existing customer personal deposit and loan relationships and acquires new customers by selling deposit accounts, consumer loans, and other retail banking services. This position meets various customer needs through a high level of personal contact and by referring customers to other bank departments for additional services
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Customer Service and Customer Retention:
o Counsel customers regarding financial matters, advising them on products and rates, suggesting a strategy to obtain the best results based on individual desires and resources.
o Resolve customer problems, obtaining information, researching records and following up on details to resolve the matter to the customer’s satisfaction, whenever possible.
* Business Development:
o Develop business by calling on potential customers outside of the bank.
o Participate in various professional associations and community activities to enhance the Bank’s visibility and to further personal development.
o Attend at least two of the six Chamber Business After-Hour Events.
o Sell bank products and services through personal contact and direct mail including; loans, checking, savings, certificate of deposits, individual retirement accounts, and other retail banking services.
o Open business and personal accounts, preparing all permanent records.
o Solicit, originate, underwrite and close consumer loans. Manage loan portfolio with emphasis in the growth of the portfolio.
o Interview loan applicants, collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
o Actively sell credit life and disability insurance on all qualified loan customers.
o Actively sell GAP on all qualified loan customers.
o Continue to enhance cross-selling skills and techniques.
* Increase customer relationships by cross-selling to include phone and/or letter contact to existing customers for additional services.
* Cross-sell all products and services to new customers.
o Responsible for the daily handling of overdrafts on assigned customer accounts and make decisions on accounts where the officer is not available.
* Security / Fraud:
o Ensure branch building, grounds and equipment are properly maintained.
o Attend all mandatory security training sessions
* Branch Collections / Technical Exceptions:
o Work your loan and deposit delinquency accounts daily.
o Work your technical exceptions on a weekly basis.
* Must be able to work flexible hours to include evenings and Saturdays as scheduled.
* Back up teller line as needed.
Job Skills Required:
* Complete familiarity with the Bank’s savings, checking, and lending policies and guidelines, as well as specific loan programs, qualifications, and insurance. .
* Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct business development calls to area agencies and builders and deal with potential savings and loan customers.
* Accuracy and high attention to detail.
* Ability to present oneself professionally at all times.
Bell Bank provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family | Atmosphere | Unequaled Personal Service | Pay It Forward
Personal Banker (General)