Personal Care Aide (Temporary) - Laurelhurst Day Center
Job Number: 211305
Job Category: Other Healthcare Support
Providence is calling a Personal Care Aide - Laurelhurst Day Center (Temporary 0.6 FTE, Days) to Providence ElderPlace Laurelhurst in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provide personal care and assistance to ElderPlace participants.
- Create and/or maintain a physical and social environment consistent with residence care needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Standard First Aid certification
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) CPR within 6 months of hire. Current caregivers have until 2019 to obtain AHA certification, which then must be maintained.
- 1 year of experience, as a caregiver, with frail or elderly population
- In compliance with company policy and Oregon state regulation, a Department of Human Services (DHS), criminal background check is required for this position, based upon the location of the position; fingerprinting may be required also
About Providence ElderPlace
Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program known as PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), a comprehensive care model that offers health, housing, social service and care coordination solutions to older adults and peace of mind to their families. We are dedicated to providing dignified care to seniors in a compassionate environment built on principles of responsive service, top-quality healthcare and trust.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor,introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.