Overview: Bridges MN is hiring Personal Care Assistant to oversee the day to day operations of our site in Minneapolis/Brooklyn Park/Robbinsdale, which serves an individual with disabilities.
Several Shifts are available.
Salary: $16.00 /hour, $17 for the Day Weekend Positions
- must be comfortable providing Personal Cares
- history and knowledge of De-escalation techniques , dealing with high behaviours
- must be patient and understanding
- must know how to cook (various meats, follow recipes, and etc.)
- must be able to lead and re-direct behaviors when needed
- acceptable driving history and dependable transportation
- ability to pass a background study
- dependable schedule. Our clients rely on you!
Acceptable Driving History Includes:
For drivers under 21:
- No more than 2 minor moving violations in past 3 years
- No major violations (DUI, Careless, Reckless, Serious Speed, Driving While License Suspended) in past 5 years
For drivers 21 and older, some exceptions are made, as follows:
- No more than 3 minor violations in past 3 years
- If there’s only 1 major violation and it’s over 4 years old and there’s no more than 1 minor violation, this is usually acceptable
- If there’s a driving while suspended or a serious speed less than 3 years old but the driving record is otherwise clean, this is also acceptable.
Why work for us?
Bridges MN strive to create a culture of serving our residents with the utmost excellence of care.
PTO, 401K and profit sharing as well as medical/dental/vision (for FT employees).
Our purpose is to improve the lives of disabled individuals by creating opportunities for more independence in their homes and jobs. With our exceptional staff, valued partners and government agencies, Bridges provides a solid foundation in supporting personal growth and positive experiences. To accomplish our mission, Bridges engages in a process of discovering individual needs as well as individual dreams. We want to ensure informed choice and person centered planning in helping to design innovative service models for individuals no matter the level of need. In short, we live to help and improve the lives of our residents. We want our staff to emulate this motto.
Bridges MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time.