Activity Assistant / Caregiver Needed $500.00 Bonus!!
Adult Day Programs located in South Burlington and Essex Junction
Days - Monday thru Friday
The University of Vermont Health Network Home Health & Hospice is currently seeking Activity Assistants – Personal Care Attendants for its Adult Day Programs at two sites: South Burlington and Essex Junction. Apply for the one closest to you!
Do you have a strong desire to work for a mission-driven organization? Do you have an appreciation for the geriatric population and a passion for serving our elders?
Come work with us as we build relationships with our clients and make their days amazing!
Some requirements include:
- One year of memory care experience preferred
- Caregiver / Activity Assistant - be able to assist clients with ADL skills.
- Homemaker duties at our location (cooking, cleaning, laundry, bathing, toileting).
- Helping clients with more independent daily skills, assisting with arts & crafts, community involvement at our location AND activity programs.
- Working with clients who have a variety of abilities & disabilities.
- Need good communication skills with clients AND team members.
- Be a good team member by being a team player.
We will provide quality training such as body mechanics, infection control, working with dementia, etc. upon hire.
Caregivers without experience start at $11.00, with consideration given for prior professional experience.
Paid Training is provided. Successful completion of training typically results in employment.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in working with people with Dementia and memory care; will provide personal care, healthy meals, companionship and will help implement program activities.
We are looking for someone punctual, with a strong work ethic, caring, compassionate, and with a team player attitude that can multi task and is able to resume his/her tasks when interrupted.
Come be part of our team at Home Health & Hospice! - To apply please email Careers@UVMhomehealth.org