ONEGROUP is a leader in risk management, insurance and business solutions. Our difference is our more than 200 experts and specialists working seamlessly to benefit our clients...with a single call.
OUR VISION To create ONE company acting as ONE team with ONE focus and ONE mission: to serve each client as our ONE client.
CORE SERVICES: Workers Compensation Specialists Professional & General Liability Insurance Personal Home, Auto and Valuables Insurance Risk Management Consulting Commercial Insurance Employee Benefits Employee Benefit and Human Resources Consulting Independent Medical Examinations Occupational Health Networks Hiring Protocols Injury Management / Return to Work.
The Personal Insurance Service Specialist will work in a team environment with all members of the Personal Insurance department, including but not limited to the sales team and management team, to effectively respond to our clients needs and requests and to properly protect their assets.
- Accept and process premium payments from clients. Advise clients on preferred premium payment methods such as EFT, recurring credit card and paid-in-full.
- Manage the Personal Insurance Technical Specialist company imaging system workflow and handle/route work accordingly.
- Consistently obtain and update clients primary contact information with the focus being placed on e-mail address and best contact number.
- Document all interactions, including but not limited to Client and Carriers, (phone calls, e-mails, face-to-face meetings, letters, etc.) in our company imaging system.
- Pull new business and cancellation declarations from the company websites as needed.
- Mail new business policy and/or letter to insured.
- Review, process and invoice Personal Insurance renewals and endorsements on manual policies.
- Review, contact clients as needed regarding non-pay cancellations and process reinstatements.
- Scan and attach completed Personal Lines applications to imaging.
- Complete CARCO inspections and notify insurance company.
- Ensure Manufacturers Statement of Origin (MSO) and Bill of Sale (BOS) are received and notify insurance company.
- Print and forward duplicate ID cards or declaration pages to insured.
- Review and refer cancelled policy information to Personal Insurance Client Advisor per company guidelines.
- Contact insured for completion of pending Progressive paperless sign-ups.
- Handle reactive client contact situations including, but not limited to, Defensive Driver Credits, Driver Training questions, simplified policy questions, etc.
- Handle billing calls from clients.
- Process/upload policy change/endorsements on company websites. This includes changes as a result of the Personal Insurance Client Advisor discussions with the client. This also includes completing Lienholder & Mortgage changes as requested by Lending Institutions.
- Take dealer calls and develop car change information and forward to Personal Insurance Client Advisor. Issue ID cards and binder (if applicable) for dealer prior to routing work to the Client Advisor.
- Process vehicle changes after confirmation of change conducted by the Personal Insurance Client Advisor.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skills and knowledge development.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
As an integral member of the organization, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the department and the Company in achieving their goals.
-High School Diploma or Equivalent
-NYS Property / Casualty Agents/Brokers license preferred.
-Maintain NYS Property/Casualty Agents//Brokers License through continuing education.
Two to four years of Insurance Experience preferred
Customer Service Experience preferred
Ability to use menu-driven software in addition to word and excel programs
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Human Resources Contact: Derek W. Norcross
Community Bank System, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer who fully embraces diversity - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.