Monarch Insurance Services (MIS) was established in 1981 as an independent insurance agency specializing in the property & casualty insurance space. In 2018, MIS joined Acrisure as one of its global Agency Partners to provide a complete spectrum of personal, commercial, benefits, and specialty insurance solutions for a range of industries.
MIS has an extensive list of clients in several major industries including private independent schools/education, real estate, construction, development, healthcare, non-profits, social services and hospitality.
We’re driven by a collective passion for innovation, unprecedented strategic growth and the pursuit of limitless opportunities.
We are looking to fill a Personal Lines – Account Manager. This position will be responsible for the service of assigned clients and their accounts and to provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to insureds, producers, and insurance companies regarding those accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review direct bill and agency bill renewal accounts send out applications to selected markets
- Ensure invoicing is done on a timely basis.
- Work in conjunction with Accounting Department to resolve billing discrepancies, collecting premiums, and policy cancellations.
- Set up and maintenance of customer files according to company policies and procedures including renewals, cancellations, reinstatements and non-renewals
- Process all Endorsements and confirm changes to clients
- Verify accuracy of all customer data prior to entry into agency management system and ensure data is entered properly.
- Maintain renewal expiration control log, ensuring that all accounts are bound and billed prior to the effective date of coverage.
- Maintain own follow-up and suspense file on outstanding orders, correspondence, audits, reports, reporting form coverages, claims.
- Follow up on overdue items/suspense items.
- Issue evidence of insurance (EOI)
- Issue auto ID cards
- Review new and renewal policies, endorsements for accuracy in rating, typing, and coverages.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E & O guidelines
- Maintain technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Help manage other team member’s Outlook inbox as necessary
- Help manage open activities and necessary follow ups as necessary
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent, required
- Must possess an active P&C License, required
- Minimum of 2 years of Personal Lines Insurance, required
- Basic knowledge of PC’s Microsoft Office Outlook Word, and Excel.
- Experience with agency management systems is preferred.
- Must be organized, and detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused on multiple tasks and see each one through to completion.
- Work well with others and openly share information and resources.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.