Personal Risk Services - Business Development Manager(
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Personal Risk Services is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team in Denver, CO. Here in the Rocky Mountains, we are the finest market for affluent personal insurance for four reasons: Coverage, Service, Expertise and Scale.
The ‘BDM’ plays a key role in our continued success relative to profit and expansion of market share. This BDM territory is comprised of 2 states:
Colorado is growing rapidly in the face of heavy competition and a dynamic rate environment. Southern Nevada is much smaller book, but will also grow rapidly with the advent of new pricing structures in Home and Auto. There is also a large national broker with a presence in Las Vegas, also an extremely demanding assignment.
The successful candidate will discuss strategies concerning the following:
- Agency travel is your #1 priority, with purposeful agendas, measurable outcomes and excellent follow-up.
- Exceed new business, prospecting and retention targets.
- Be known by your agency force as their Most Valuable Field Representative.
- Train (or delegate training) so our agency partners understand Chubb in ways they can easily translate to our clientele.
- Solid underwriting foundation and ability to leverage same within your teams.
- Sales: You will be responsible for earning informed recommendations by your producers and account managers. Assist your key partners in business development activities which create new lead sources and meaningful contact with them.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and the development of short-term and long-term sales strategies.
- Marketing: Maintain a high level of awareness of the marketplace and develop strategies to capitalize on our many competitive advantages.
- Agency Management: Generate monthly quote and new business from a high percentage of assigned agents. Clear up or delegate follow-up issues within in 24 hours, professionally, every time.
- Collaborate effectively with underwriting, appraisal, claims, branch administration and all commercial departments.Requirements:
- 5+ years personal lines marketing/underwriting experience.
- Solid technical knowledge; including policy forms and regulatory environment.
- A proven track record of successful sales and negotiating wins.
- Excellent marketing and producer management, results analysis, and value add customer service.
- Exceptional oral and written communication ability, as well as effective presentation skills.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Englewood - Inverness
Sales & Marketing