The Fresh Market & You:Our mission is to make every day eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
About the Position:
As a Personal Shopper within The Fresh Market, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest service levels are provided to our guests while masterfully and efficiently picking their orders, and over time, building relationships with the guests so you can understand their needs and preferences. These duties are vital to The Fresh Market’s ability to grow our online shopping experience and positively impact the store’s ability to deliver results. It will be critical for the Personal Shopper to be outgoing and energetic, and capable of having positive and genuine interactions with The Fresh Market guests.
What You'll Do:
- Provide impeccable guest service during every guest interaction
- Fulfill guest orders by reviewing orders; locating, preparing, and packaging merchandise; ensuring 100% accuracy of orders prior to pick up; making appropriate product substitutions and consulting with guests as needed to ensure 100% satisfaction; and following up on out-of-stock merchandise
- Display a passion for shopping for others and ensure understanding of the store’s vast array of product offerings.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests
- Assist with the collection, loading and acceptance of payment for guest pick-up and delivery orders.
- Ensure that the any guest concern is resolved prior to the guest leaving the store
- Provide assistance with online grocery guests via the phone and in-person.
- Demonstrate proficiency and efficient use of technology, including the Internet
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- 6 months of proven guest service related experience in a retail, grocery, or hospitality environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age **with the exception of Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio must be at least 19 years of age
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong attention detail
- Previous counter experience as a cashier
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Retail, Culinary and/or Grocery experience
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.